piątek, 25 sierpnia 2017

Little history never killed nobody


National History Museum is my ultimate favourite museum on the world, I don’t even know where to start, because I could easily do this assignment only about this place. First of all-architecture, technically I know it was built in 1873… but how the hell people could build such a beautiful, monstrous and complicated building a 150 years ago? (Deep down I’m still processing this information) Building itself makes you ‘wow’ when you see it from outside and then makes you speechless when you enter the main hall. The number of exhibitions and attractions is countless, I think that I spent there a whole day, and I planned to visit Science Museum And Royal Gallery afterwards…well it didn’t happened that day. I literally soaked in the atmosphere and exhibitions. My favourite so far was ‘’Whales: Beneath the surface” where I could learn about their growing process and how they communicate between each other, did you know that whales have their own language? Impressive. Im a huge fan of Discovery Chanel and Animal Planet so in History Museum I feel like I belong there. I couldn’t forget about Dippy, who is actually a gigantic skeleton of Diplodocus, allocated in the middle of great hall, I remember how astonished I was to see such thing first time in my life, especially when I’ve been an official owner of  ‘Alwalkeria maleriensis’ skull( small dinosaur, ap. 50 cm tall) I got it as an inheritance from my grand grandfather, who brought it from Egypt when it was all fun and legal. I love exhibition about dinosaurs! So I do visit this place often and I would recommend It to everyone. When my family visited London during my Graduation Ceremony, we went there for the whole day. Its really worth the time. What I really love about British museums is the fact that the main attractions are free, that’s beautiful and generous that such an amazing objects are fully available for everyone. I spent there most of my 1st year free time, cause everything else was too expensive to attend, when the basic pay per hour was only 6,50. But ‘broke times are fun times’ because you start to like niche music bands and go to see them life for free, and museums and art galleries becoming your favourite places to hang out. I still have a soft spot for these spots, I remember that coffees we were buying with my friend. We always shared one because we rather spend rest of the money on chips- that we would obviously share!







Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz