piątek, 25 sierpnia 2017

When Sun goes down.





My first few months were crazy, I was looking for work, while exploring Hendon area, during that time Middlesex was my equivalent of London central. Why? Because I was young, waitress who entered adulthood within a month time. Bills, responsibilities and full time work alongside with lectures and school activities. I had my work 5 times a week and my school 4 times a week. There was no time for discovering, but it didn’t prevent me from exploring my neighbourhood. After 3 months, I had my favourite places. One of them is Hendon Park. I must admit, I like it more than Hyde Park. Why, you ask. Because is not crowdy at all and it reminds me my home town. It doesn’t have fancy water ponds, (it has one broken water fountain), pricey cafeterias, and other cool things but it has this lovely easy going vibe, people here chatting quietly, guarding their privacy. I feel like in this park I can sit with my friends, in sweatpants and eat takeaway Domino pizzas, with no fancy dresses and heels, smart clothes or super trendy fitness clothes and Ray bans. Hendon Park is quiet and cosy. Its effortlessly beautiful and I feel like I can be myself there. Now this place is my everyday jogging place. After 3 years in London I know names of all my neighbours and their pets, I always spend there at least 2 hours more than I supposed to, because usually I meet people I like and value, like Ms Henderson who I met over an year ago, when she lost her house keys, and kindly asked me if I haven’t seen it (we found it after an hour of chatting about her cat Charles, named after her first husband) Or Mr John, who never revealed his surname but I know everything about his Ara parrot, Lara. That colourful lady loves treats and hates being touched by anyone else than her owner. I must admit, seeing a guy walking his parrot was one of the most bizarre thing I have seen in London. But you see, all these people come to Hendon Park almost every day. It feels like it’s their routine. I gladly joined this activity, and I couldn’t be happier to see them on weekends with their families, coming back from church or during week time, when they take lonely walks and think about their businesses. Hendon Park has unusual atmosphere, that can be felt when you take a sit and simply enjoy the sunset. I have a soft spot for sunsets, so of course all pictures I took for this post purposes captures the Sun during golden hour ;) Check them out and visit Hendon Park instead of Hyde Park. You will feel like home, no matter where are u coming from.







Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz